Journey makes it easier for you to keep a fitness journal by retrieving recent sessions from your Google Fit. Journey retrieves activities that are longer than 5 minutes. At the moment, the activities supported are:
Google Fit prompt is a premium feature.
In order to connect Journey to your Google Fit, please follow these steps:
1. Install Google Fit app in your device (optional for Android Wear)
2. Login Google Fit and Journey app to the same Google account
3. Give Journey the permission to allow retrieval of your Google Fit information
5. Journey prompts to record your recent Google Fit session
Record Google Fit event
Google Fit app
At this moment, Journey only retrieves active (manually recorded) activities, and not passive (automated) activities. Passive activities are listed with unfilled circle icon in the Google Fit app. Passive activities will be available once the Google Fit team updates its API.
To record an event in Google Fit, select “+” > “Start activity” > choose activity
To record an activity in Google Fit, open “Fit Activity” > choose activity > record activity > Press pause & End activity.
Third Party Fitness App
Connect third party fitness app to your Google Fit. Apps tested & supported are:
- Google Fit
- Runtastic (Please connect to Google Fit)
- Nike+ (Please connect to Google Fit)
Feel free let us know other supported apps via email@example.com.